Sign The Petition
The rights and protections afforded in the Constitution are meant to illustrate the highest values of our society which cannot be easily taken away. A victim’s right to participate in the criminal justice system is a fundamental and basic human right that should belong to every Iowan and needs to be spelled out in the highest law of the land, including:
- The right to be heard with notice of all proceedings
- The right to be heard in any proceeding involving release, pleas, sentencing, deposition, and parole
- The right to reasonable protection from the accused
- The right to reasonable notice of any release or escape of the convicted
- The right to restitution resulting from the financial impact of the crime
If you support putting highly articulated minimum standards for crime victims in our Iowa constitution, please sign below!